Re: Master Cylinder Re-sleeve

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <compubbs@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder Re-sleeve
From: "K.R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 13:07:45 -0500
> K.R. Stewart wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone on the list know of a shop in the South-Western
> > Ontario or Toronto, Canada area that will re-sleeve master
> > cylinders?  I know about Apple and White Post in the US but
>
> If you're talking about clutch and brake cylinders, why don't
you
> buy new ones?  Just the cost of a new seals and the labor cost

> of re-sleeving will be pretty much the same price as buying
new.

> Obsolete Auto in ontario had some on sale last month, for
something
> like $110 CDN.  You can catch their address and phone number
at
> http:/www.sarnia.com/obsolete/
>
> ..Paul
> '66 Spitfire

The M/C I want to re-sleeve is a tandem unit for the '70 Spit.
Your suggestion was my original thought too, but the last time I
checked, Vicky Brits wanted about $360(US) for this item and I
think TRF wanted about $250(US) for what I think might be the
body. I think the items at Obsolete (an hour up the road from
me) were for the earlier cars without the tandem brakes, hence
the lower cost. These are similar to what I have in my TR4 and
4A and I believe the last new unit I bought from TRF was around
$100(US) a few years ago.

I have already rebuilt the original M/C but the bore is too
badly pitted. I understand that a re-sleeve is around $100.

Thanks
Keith Stewart