Re: Spitfire / GT6 Window Regulator Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire / GT6 Window Regulator Questions
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 11:20:03 -0800
>     Easy Question #1:
>     Is it possible to fit the GT6 front quarter light assemblies along
>     with the GT6 window regulator and glass to a Spit 1500 door?  Will the
>     soft top still fit?  Anyone done this - what exactly is involved?
It can be done but the doors from the same body style will have to be
replaced also.  There are supporting bridges welded inside the door for the
wing windows not found on the Spitfire doors.  Why would you want to do
this, It's a lot of work and you can no longer get the rubber seals for the
wings anyway.  Yes the soft top will fit - as far as the glass being curved,
I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to.  I have both a Spitfire and
a GT6+ and the glass is identical (except the door glass witch is narrower
to accomodate the wing portion, but other wise is flat).

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (major surgery almost done) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+