Re[2]: Spitfire / GT6 Window Regulator Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: Spitfire / GT6 Window Regulator Questions
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 14:36:51 -0800
> Try holding a steel straight edge vertically on the glass surface - my GT6 Mk3
> (1972 vintage) definitely has curved glass whereas the my Spit 1500 (1978) is
> flat.  Also check out a parts catalogue - Spitfire glass is common LH/RH, and
> GT6 glass (if you can get it) has different part numbers.  The Triplex
logos on
> your GT6 will both pointing outwards, but one of your Spitfire ones will point
> in, the other out.
> Back to my original question then - anyone know the reason why??
Nope.  Just went out and checked (took the GT6+ to work) mines flat, flat as
a pancake, unless your talking about the top arched edge, witch is curved to
follow the roofline?  Maybe it was done  only on the on the MKIII's ? It's a
new one to me -

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (major surgery almost done) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+