Re: Spitfire / GT6 Window Regulator Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire / GT6 Window Regulator Questions
From: "Michael Bayrock" <michael_bayrock@bctinet.bctransit.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 08:11:26 -0800
     Pat Catchpole asks:

     > Easy Question #1:
     >Is it possible to fit the GT6 front quarter light assemblies along
     >with the GT6 window regulator and glass to a Spit 1500 door?  Will
     >the soft top still fit?  Anyone done this - what exactly is involved?

     Yes, it is possible.  I did this about 10 years ago. I like having the
     wing windows to help direct the airflow (with the top down), or give
     extra ventilation (with the top up).  The soft top still fits.  It was
     a simple re-and-re operation, but you need ALL the window guts from
     the GT6 door.  The only problem I have come across is that my
     windshield frame is pushed in a touch at the left side, and the vent
     window frame rubs against the windshield frame. (I'd hate to think of
     what the bare glass would be doing!)

     > More Difficult Question:
     > Has anyone tried to fit electric window regulators to a Spit / GT6?

     I haven't seen this done, but would be interested in your discoveries.
     I *did* see a Lotus Elan with power lifts once.  Maybe these would
     fit?

     Michael
     michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
     71 GT6++ (waking up)