Spitfire / GT6 Window Regulator Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire / GT6 Window Regulator Questions
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 14:23:00 +0000
     Easy Question #1:
     Is it possible to fit the GT6 front quarter light assemblies along
     with the GT6 window regulator and glass to a Spit 1500 door?  Will the
     soft top still fit?  Anyone done this - what exactly is involved?

     Easy Question #2:
     Does anyone know why GT6 glass is curved and Spitfire glass is flat?
     It may have been styling, possibly a cost thing - anyone know for
     sure?

     **WARNING - PURISTS PLEASE IGNORE THE REST OF THIS MAILING**

     More Difficult Question:
     Has anyone tried to fit electric window regulators to a Spit / GT6?
     If so, what donor vehicle was used for the motor and guide rail, how
     extensively does the door inner panel need modifying and how difficult
     is it to do (1 .. 10 scale).

     If nobody answers this question then I'll start thinking about it
     anyway as I have some GT6 doors without any bottoms, and some surplus
     to requirement Spit doors begging to be modified.  Wish me luck :)

     Regards

     Pat