Re[2]: Spitfire / GT6 Window Regulator Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: Spitfire / GT6 Window Regulator Questions
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 17:41:00 +0000
Barry

Try holding a steel straight edge vertically on the glass surface - my GT6 Mk3
(1972 vintage) definitely has curved glass whereas the my Spit 1500 (1978) is
flat.  Also check out a parts catalogue - Spitfire glass is common LH/RH, and
GT6 glass (if you can get it) has different part numbers.  The Triplex logos on
your GT6 will both pointing outwards, but one of your Spitfire ones will point
in, the other out.
Back to my original question then - anyone know the reason why??

Pat

PS I've just sent a mailing on ageing glass form the logo for those interested

I have both a Spitfire and a GT6+ and the glass is identical (except the
door glass witch is narrower to accomodate the wing portion, but other wise
is flat).

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (major surgery almost done) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+