Re: WAS Spit Brakes - Pressure differential valve NOW single

To: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Subject: Re: WAS Spit Brakes - Pressure differential valve NOW single
From: Michael Burdick <mburdick@netserv.unmc.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 14:47:06 -0600 (CST)
Cc: Barry Schwartz <Bschwartz@encad.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Robert J Carley wrote:

> Having re-set the pwa myself, it's not very difficult.  Simply remove the
> electrical sending unit (I think it's plastic?), and insert a small rod (a
> small awl will do) and re-centre the device.  I had to do this after
> replacing the master cylinder and bleeding the brakes on my TR6.
>
> Hopefully if I missed something here, someone else will correct me.

No corrections, but just for balance:  I have successfully re-centered the
shuttle a number of times using the bleeding method Barry described.  The
first time I had to crack open both circuits a couple of times because it
is difficult to tell which side the shuttle has moved to, and because it
is easy to overshoot.  The second time I only had to open one side -
guessed right and didn't overshoot.

Cheers,
Mike
'70 Spit, '76 Spit, '64 TR4s, '72 Stag