Re: WAS Spit Brakes - Pressure differential valve NOW single

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: WAS Spit Brakes - Pressure differential valve NOW single
From: nolan penney <npenney@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 22:25:33 -0500
Cc: martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
> Last night I took apart my Spitfire dash (for speedo rebuild and to
> replace the alligatored dash with a piece of solid walnut), and lo and
> behold, the ŞBRAKEŞ light had been pulled from its red lens by
> the DPO and left to dangle behind the dash.  He did it, apparently,
> because the light is constantly on, even though the all brakes are
> working fine.  Who can tell me how I ought to track down the reason
> for its activation??

Well a short is a pretty obvious possibility, and easy to check.  Pop
the connection off the valve, and see if the light lights.  If it does,
you've got a short.

If it is the valves switch, all is not lost.  The switches trigger rod
can be recentered if it's off by simply prying it back center.
Obviously, you've got to unscrew the switch first.