Re: Fever!!!!!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fever!!!!!
From: slevine@netmatics.com (Sandy Levine)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:48:49 -0600
While I now live in Florida and can drive my car every day (if I ever get
it back together again) you don't have to be afraid of the cold with a TR6.
With the manual choke and a good charge on the battery, I never had a
problem when I lived up north. The hard top kept the wind at bay and the
heater on full blast could melt your shoes. When the temperature went over
40, the hard top came off but the heater stayed on.
         I am the original owner of a 1970 TR6 and it was my year round car
when I lived in NY and my winter car when I lived in the Chicago area. I
would leave it at O'Hare for up to a week at a time because it showed it's
age (rust in the rear qtrs) and I thought nobody would want to steal this
car in the winter. Up until two years ago when I started taking it apart
for a ground up restoration, it was never garaged.
        The only problem I ever had was what appeared to be "gas line
freeze" while driving on I-94 at 60+ mph with an outside temperature of
minus 27 F and a wind chill of minus 80 F. - the car acted like it had no
gas while the tank was full.  It just died. I was under the impression that
a liquid would not freeze if it was moving, but I guess I was wrong. I had
the car towed to a local gas station and the following afternoon it just
started right up.
        So if your car is running, and there is less than 4 to 6 inches of
snow on the ground (the TR6 is not a very good snowplow)  --  go for it.
Don't wait for spring!

Sandy Levine
70 TR6 - diismantled into more pieces than BL ever had it.
73 TR6 -  giving up its life so my 70 can live
62 T-bird factory "M" series roadster - for sunny days