Re: Fever!!!!!

To: Sandy Levine <slevine@netmatics.com>
Subject: Re: Fever!!!!!
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 10:54:58 -0500 (EST)
Cc: tigerpb@ids.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Sandy Levine wrote:

> I think it is better to drive your car as much as possible than to have it
> sit in the garage and watch the rubber and gaskets and insulation and
> carpet rot with age.

> Sandy Levine                              813-876-9800 (v)
> slevine@netmatics.com                     813-876-9123 (f)

Well said!  I've had an LBC since age 16 - my first, a bug-eye - which I
drove all winter without a heater or hardtop.  The rear tires were so worn
they were like slicks, but it sure was fun to slide that car around the
corners back and forth to school.  I had a part-time job that paid me
about $4.00 a week, and that kept me and the car going, but didn't give me
enough to handle major repairs.  I still regret having sold that car - it
was white with a red interior and a baffed engine, but I needed a car to
get me to university - which turned out to be a Karmann Ghia.
As I wait for winter to leave, it's nice to do a little reminiscing and to
dream about getting my most recent purchase - my TR6 - on the road, and
to think about my long term project - a 66 MGB.

P.S. I also had a Nash Metropolitan in high school - coral coloured with
white top, and column shift.

LBC's are meant to be enjoyed in the way you choose.

Robert Carley
Ontario, Canada