Re: Fever!!!!!

To: Sandy Levine <slevine@netmatics.com>
Subject: Re: Fever!!!!!
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 18:15:36 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Sandy Levine wrote: "        So if your car is running, and there is
less than 4 to 6 inches of
snow on the ground (the TR6 is not a very good snowplow)  --  go for it.
Don't wait for spring! "

Well a lot of people did that in RI over the years, and the salt on
these roads in winter reduced EVERY vehicle to their most common
denominator-- IRON IXODE! I read a statistic that Rhode Island uses more
road salt per mile than anywhere else on earth!
 Didn't matter what you drove, Audi to Zil were all disolved. Fiats
first, followed by Chevy Vega's, then the Brit. stuff, followed by the
early Japanese scrap, German cars, then the good ol' USA iron was the
order of rot out. I still see the occasionial 280zx with the fenders
flapping loose on the road! Makes me glad my tr6 was never winter
driven!
I remember back in high school a friend bought a '71 Fiat 850 Spyder. By
the fall of '72, the floors had rusted out! Early Datsun's had a similar
life span in this neck of the woods. MG's and Truimphs got 3 or 4 years
before the tin worm would get them. Sunbeams, which used a thicker gauge
metal, got up to 5 or 6 years before fading out. Neal Young was
right....It's better to burn out than it is to rust!