RE: overheating

To: "'Jason Burden'" <jason@clinic.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: overheating
From: Kris Kane <motrsprt@micron.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 12:59:22 -0600
Try replacing the thermostatic switch to turn on the electric fan sooner.  I,
too,
have a '79 Spitfire and found this to be quite adequate for stop and go driving.
I also replaced the thermostat with a 160' one.  I am not sure about your water
pump being the problem.  If it's leaking, replace the gasket.  Unless it's the
water pump housing that's leaking, replace the water pump.  Is everything out
of the radiator that might be causing blockage inside?  Try replacing that
switch
I mentioned earlier.

Kris Kane
79 Spitty