Re: Environment and LBC's - A sort of screed

To: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Subject: Re: Environment and LBC's - A sort of screed
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 14:39:07 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I have to agree with Deano on this. I'm old enough to remember just
how bad many rivers and bays were before the government began its
(admittedly flawed) efforts to clean it up and keep it clean.

To compare losing the "right" to use a certain chemical in your A/C
system to say, losing the right to free speech is just really stupid.

Now here's the really "flammable" content:

Just what the heck is anybody doing with A/C in a LBC roadster is way
beyond me. Is your TR so overpowered (and you're such a bad driver)
that you have to have a 10hp penalty just to keep it on the road? Do
you love extra belts pulleys, extra weight etc.? (Original options on
a concours car excepted, but not by much, since it was a dealer
installed option).

Why don't you go buy a Miata and put the top up? I hear they have
really efficient air conditioning systems! Perhaps you could retrofit
it to use R-12 and you could really freeze your !@#$ off!

Yours truly donning nomex!
Chris Lillja
TR4A