Re: Environment and LBC's - A sort of screed

To: Phil Smith <smith007@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Environment and LBC's - A sort of screed
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 11:24:59 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
... What I do
> destain is the U.S. Government's Environmental Gestapo. The U.S
> Government is by far the # 1 violator of the invironment. The same goes
> for Russia, just ask the people of Chernoble (sp ?)
>
> Phil Smith

Agreed - the Govt. -- especially the military is one of the biggest
polluters..

But- Ya' know I just haven't seen anyone dragged out of their beds
and shot for leaky SU's...although I'm sure a few people would like
to shoot whoever designed the ZS... ;>}

Is it just fun or something to use the word Gestapo? Are you actually
suggesting that the methods and tactics of the EPA are somehow
equilaent to the Nazi police force of 1933-45? Are you just
mindlessly parroting something you heard on talk radio? Maybe you
should read a little history...

"Oooh..lets call 'em Gestapo, that word has the emotional impact that
might futher our political aims...."
Chris Lillja
TR4A
Norton Commando