Re: spin-on oil filter adapters

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: spin-on oil filter adapters
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 01:10:01 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: peterz@merak.com
Peter;

I purchased a spin on oil filter adapter from Vickie Brit for my GT6+ a few
years ago. The quality was pretty good.....MoCal as I rmember. Installation
was pretty straight forward but I couldn't get the flange of the adapter to
seal and it leaked all over the place. The bolt would bottom out in the hole
before the adapter sealed against the rubber ring. I ended up having to put
two rubber sealing rings in to stop the leak. It's been fine ever since. The
geometry of the frame and the steering shaft limits where you can put the
filter so it ends up about 30 degrees to the frame. The filter is a little
easier to change compared to the cartridge in that you don't end up with oil
all over the frame. When I unpacked the spin on "generic" filter I realized
that there had to be one at K-mart that would fit for one third the price.
The postings on this list prove that out. I went through the same thing with
the $15 filter for my Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4. The Fram equivalent was $2.94.
I always bought a bunch of them. Nothing like a shelf full of inexpensive but
quality filters to keep you on the oil change schedule! I'll buy an armful
for the GT6+ this weekend.

The list, I love it!

Greg Wolf
70 GT6+ "Ian"