RE: Gestapo

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Gestapo
From: "Brent Martin" <b_martin@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 09:57:26 -0700 (PDT)
In message Thu, 7 Aug 97 12:47:50 -0000,
  Phil Smith <smith007@ix.netcom.com>  writes:

> However if there is any truth to the rumor, that yearly thousands of
> invironmental laws are being passed, without  our knowledge,

> I don't know if this is true or not, do you know for sure it is not.

With great trepidation, I comment on the hopes that this list can return to
Triumph issues....Phil, we live in an embarassingly open society. In most
(all?) states and certainly in the Federal government, all laws and
virtually everything that is written down is available at minimal cost to
you for the asking through a variety of "freedom of information" laws; but
it basically is a waste of time to ask as many of these things are available
on the Web. If you are concerned, do a web search, call your Congressman.