Re: TR6 shock conversion

To: "William Hofmann" <bill@flextrim.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 shock conversion
From: "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com> "TR6 shock conversion" (Aug 7, 2:03pm)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 16:20:03 -0500 (CDT)
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender hapkejs@cig.mot.com )
> Subject: TR6 shock conversion
> Hi all,
> UPS strike has given me extra time to play :(.  Has anyone got any
> experience with the Moss shock conversion kit for a TR6. I recently
> purchased a kit from Moss which replaces the rear lever shocks with Koni's.
>  It involves some drilling and and indicates that the maximum tire size is
> 185/70/15.  Now that I look at it i'm not so sure I wan't to go through
> with it.
>
>-- End of excerpt from William Hofmann

I just finished removing the body mounted tube shock conversion kit the DPO had
installed. (for sale cheap) The bracketry was rubbing on the inside of the tire
(so it was a little out of alignment). I went with the standard levers from
Apple. They are fine for a daily driver. Although if I had it to do all over
again, I'd probably go with the uprated lever shock for $10 more.

Jeff Hapke '74 TR6