In defense of ZS carbs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: In defense of ZS carbs
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 10:52:33 -0400
If you understand the principle of a carburetor, then look at the
description of a constant-depression carb such as the ZS and SU, you will
conclude, as I did, that they are ingenious devices indeed. The fact that
they became corrupted by Federal emission requirements is entirely another
matter. One could also look at what happened to the carbs fitted to
domestic and Japanese cars and find the same corruption. I can't recall how
many people have looked at my car and asked "Have any trouble with the
carbs?". My answer is always "Nope, not a bit.".

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)