Re: In defense of ZS carbs

Subject: Re: In defense of ZS carbs
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 14:53:45 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I can understand your point that Webers are better if you're referring to
mechanical flaws in ZS's, causing them to wear out faster than they
should.  However, everyone seems to think Webers give engines that much more
power they're worth $900 or more they cost.  My ZS's give plenty of
power.  Of course, I've never raced it.
By the way, the Moss catalogue makes a note that changing the emissions
system is illegal.  That's quite understandable, but it implies that
replacing your fuel system with something more powerful is in itself
illegal.  Is that only true if the change makes your car fail emissions
testing, in which case you wouldn't be able to register it?  Or, if you
live in southern Indiana, I assume you can put whatever polluting system
you want on your car, and they probably won't do anything to you, if
you're so inclined.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored)
Bloomington, IN