Re: Electric Cooling Fans

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electric Cooling Fans
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 07:41:23 -0700
Mark S. writes:
>I have an electric cooling fan on my 71 TR6. It is mounted on the front of
the
>radiator in a "pusher" configuration. I heard somewhere that a "puller" setup
>worked better. Any comments?
>Thanks.
**********************************
The pusher type is less considered less efficient mainly because some of
the air being pushed is splayed out to the sides and doesn't go through the
radiator.  With a draw through type all the air is drawn through the
radiator.
The horsepower gain is real, mentioned in another thread, however 18 hp
seams awfully high.  The gain is mainly at high rpm, which when the engine
fan is removed, and the electric fan is off, no horsepower is required to
operate the fan, thus is now free to drive the rear wheels.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )