TR6 lower wishbone fulcrum bracket

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 lower wishbone fulcrum bracket
From: "Gene M." <MClan@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 21:53:58 -0700
I have been changing front suspension bushings on my 70 TR6.  Referring
to p 219 of TRF Catalog Vol. 1, I have just replaced the rubber/steel
bush (DD46).  It was necessary to remove the fulcrum bracket assy.
(DD45) since the pivot bolt (DD47) can't be removed while the bracket is
in place.

Each of my DD45 brackets have 2 bolts that need to line with 2 holes.
Can't get them to line up.  I've tried jacking up different points on
the lower wishbone but if I get the right height, bolts are at an angle
& won't line up.  Also there are 2 sets of holes--any difference in
handling, etc. using the front sets as opposed to the rear sets?

Do I need to unbolt the upper wishbone in order to get the lower back
in, or will I just run into a problem lining up the upper later on?
What about removing the 2 bolts (DD14) to the ball joint--easier?
Wrestled with it for about an hour & figured its time to ask for help.
Also the nut on the pivot bolt (DD48), is locktite ok or a new nyloc nut
needed?

It's been 15+ years since I've turned serious wrenches on my TR so
walking me through using the TRF Plate DD would be helpful.

BTW, thanks to those with the help on the trunnion set up.  That's back
in with your help.

Gene M.
70TR6 CC52098