Re: TR3 M/C

To: Franz and Monica Bachmann <fmjm@cyou.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 M/C
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 17:15:37 -0700
Cc: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I second the motion that it is often very difficult to get these things
started... so if we are to offer suggestions... you need to really look
closely at what is going on ... and let the newsgroup know in detail...
Compare the the old to the new master cyclinder... do the holes look the
same?  Did the new master cylinder come with a little plastic screw in
plug to keep it clean during it's life on the shelf?  If so... does this
screw into the old master cylinder?  (this would confirm whether the
threads are the same)

If this is not the case... MEASURE the hole... is it the same?  OR are
we talking an entirely different thread/hole?

IF it turns out that they are the same... then it's just like Trevor
said... they are often very difficult to start... you must push the hard
line in all the way... and try to hold it quite centered and square to
the hole... before beginning to try to screw it in place...

You might "chase" the threads of the male end, simply by trying to screw
it back into your old master cylinder...

If the hole and threads are entirely different... time to go to an auto
parts store... and just try to create an adapter...  usually not to
difficult to do, as long as you bring along the parts.

let us know how it's going.

Justin