Re:air cleaner painting - tr6

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re:air cleaner painting - tr6
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 18 Aug 97 19:40:08 EDT
        Peter,

        I painted my TR250 air cleaner with etching primer and hi-temp black
paint (semi-correct for TR250 and early TR6). The results are more than adequate
for my own non-concourse purposes, just be careful that you don't paint the
inside lip of the outer half of the air cleaner. The thickness of the paint and
primer together was enough that I could not reassemble the two halves of the air
cleaner. I had to go back and clean the paint on the inside lip off with laquer
thinner. If you powder coat this area, you might have problems.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic
        CD3574L