Re: Spitfire clutch stuck disengaged

To: Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire clutch stuck disengaged
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:55:56 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ralph,

Ya know, that possibility had crossed my mind, but I figured even if two
or three of the "fingers" had broken off, there would still be some
resistance on the throw-out bearing, providing some pedal pressure. I
hadn't figured on the pieces getting wedged in there.

I once had a anti-chatter spring come out of the friction disk after
about 500 miles of use. It was like I had no clutch.

Man, these cars can get weird ;-)

Kevin, you listening?

Charlie B.