Re: Spitfire clutch stuck disengaged

To: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire clutch stuck disengaged
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 20:00:57 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Kevin,

Do you mean "disengaged" as in the engine turns but the wheels don't,
with the clutch released?

That sounds like a clutch pedal linkage problem (check the clevis pin
and master cylinder fork at the top of the pedal), or a problem with the
fulcrum pin in the bell housing (check to see if the pin is still in
place--the original straight pin/tension sleeve have been known to just
drop out), or maybe even the clutch friction disk binding on the tranny
input shaft.

Something is physically binding, keeping the normal back pressure
supplied by the clutch pressure plate from pushing the hydraulic fluid in
a reverse direction.

Good luck,
Charlie B.