Re: Poorly running TR6, more clues?

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Poorly running TR6, more clues?
From: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 22 Aug 97 14:42:37 EDT
Pete-

I wouldn't put fuel too low on the list. Having been through a similar
experience of sudden bad running, most ( though not all ) of the problem was
fuel-last spring the tank suddenly s**t the bed sending loads of fine rusty silt
into the fuel system, clogging up filters and actually made it past filters into
the carbs, clogging up various ports, jets,  filters etc inside the carbs. It
happened within miles of a fillup so I was upset for a while at the gas station
figuring they sold me bad fuel ( which might also have happened to you). In the
end I replaced the tank with a Moss aluminum replacement as it was too far gone
to be boiled and sealed.  Of course, the mechanic who cleaned up the mess in the
carbs ( beyond me at the time) returned the car not running quite as before and
I'm still trying to sort out the carb problem-they're Webers, so its really
icky. You've probably seen my posts.  You might drop a line to Bob Lang-he was
very helpful in helping me sort through my problems-he is still is on the case.

Keep your posts public-I still have some problems that this thread could shed
some light on.

Good luck

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6