Re: Crooked Body? Rear Springs?

To: TR66pack@aol.com
Subject: Re: Crooked Body? Rear Springs?
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 12:11:16 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I have the TRF comp springs on my TR4A and folks always mention how
"jacked up" the car seems. And they're right -- when the car's
sitting there empty with 1/4 tank of gas it's up against the rebound
stops.

But remember, per all the manuals, all suspension adjustments /
measurements are supposed to be done with two 70kg soft weights in
the seats! If you set your toe-in (or out) on an empty car it will be
wrong.

TRF claims that the set is the same spec as provided by the Triumph
comp. department -- and I tend to believe them.(IMHO)The RFK777
set is supposed to be more of a "rally" than a road race type of
spring! Suspension travel is KEY in this type of racing. With two
people and typical rally equipment,(tools, spare parts, extra
clothing, food, what-have-you) it sits / rides perfectly, with no
loss of travel at all...

Heck ... carry an extra short block! Ever seen the pick up
conversion?

If you're in to road racing, try cutting a coil or two of the
RFK777 set and set your Koni's to full hard...and be prepared to
BOUNCE over some bumps....

Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press