Re: Crooked Body? Rear Springs?

To: TR66pack@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Crooked Body? Rear Springs?
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 19:43:29 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-25 19:23:12 EDT, TR66pack@AOL.com writes:

> I'd like to hear from anyone with good or bad experiences with new springs.
>  What did you use, where did you buy them, etc. As I said earlier, I like
the
>  ride of the TRF comps but not the ride height.

Kerry:

I have a set of mild competition springs that came with my TR6 project,
purchased from TSI by the DPO. According to Ted Schumaker, of TSI, they
provide a firmer ride, but maintain the stock ride height (he even qouted me
the dimension from the ground to the fender lip from memory - unfortunately,
my memory is not that good, so I forgot). I have not installed them, so I
can't provide any feedback, but it's worth looking into. Sounds like that may
be just what you are looking for - firm ride but stock height!

Another thing you might want to look into: There are at least two different
mounting brackets for the trailing arms, one mounting the arm at a different
height than the other. Perhaps the previous owner mixed them up, an early
bracket on one side and a late bracket on the other? Count the notches on the
brackets - the inner brackets on each side, and the outer brackets on each
side, should have the same number of notches. I don't remember how many
notches for what application, but if you have a TRF catalog, they are
described there.

See you at the Trials! I'll be there with a red TR6 with a 61 amp GM
alternator!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74