Re: valve cover

To: nedra@gromedia.com
Subject: Re: valve cover
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:02:09 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
The valve cover I ordered from TRF arrived yesterday. Even though the listing
in the TRF catalog for part number VCTR 61/BLK shows "T56G13 COVER, VALVE
BLK", which according to the TRF price list, means that the valve cover fits
TR5 & 6 and GT6 Mk1 thru 3 there was a a label on the box that reads "DOES
NOT FIT GT6". On top of that the valve cover is completely black! According
to the listing in the TR6 Glove Box companion it is supposed to be black with
machined aluminum details. I assumed that meant that it would have aluminum
ribs. It doesn't, in fact the only "machined aluminum details" is the gasket
surface. I will be fitting the cover later to day to see if it fits or not.
But measurements show the stock cover to be 3 7/8" high and the new cover is
4 1/8". It does look good and I can clean the paint of the ribs. It has a
nice chrome filler cap and chrome plated hardware. However, I will have to
locate the proper studs to use them in place of the bolts on the GT6. Hood
clearance will probably be a problem but I'll let you know.

BTW the quality of the cover is excellent so they must have switched
suppliers in the past seven years.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan