Re: valve cover

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: valve cover
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 09:19:57 -0400
Shane,
There are 7 ribs and each is approx. 3/16" high.
 I prepared my valve cover for painting by cleaning it thoroughly with
lacquer thinner, rubbing the ribber area with steel wool, then cleaning
again with lacquer thinner. Engine enamel was applied with no primer and
after six months on the car there has been no flaking or other problems.
I was initially concerned by the absence of a lip or groove for the v.c.
gasket to fit into, but I have  experienced no oil leaks or gasket
movement since installation. As insurance, I used K&W copper coat gasket
compound on both sides of the gasket.