Re: TR4 hydraulics

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 hydraulics
From: "Coday Family" <coday@localaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 12:54:31 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Coday@Mail.localaccess.com>
Hi Dennis,

I just rebuilt the hydraulics on my  TR3 clutch this last week.  Put
it all together and couldn't get it to bleed or compress anything.
The pedal felt completely limp. I kept thinking, I will bleed a bit
more, then this will stiffen up.

First brainstorm I had was that the line from the reservoir to the MC
had a bubble, wouldn't feed the MC, so primed that and it didn't
help, though I still think it was a good idea.

Second, I pulled the MC, put a bleeder stop in the outflow, blew some
compressed air in the inlet, and POP, the plunger moves back in
place.  It was stuck in depressed mode (where I was headed also).
Put it all back together with some concern that the first time I
pushed the pedal, it would promptly stick again, but no problem.  Had
to bleed the system again, but the pedal felt almost normal from the
first push.

Good luck,

Geezer

59 TR3A