Re: TR4 hydraulics

To: "J. Robinson" <jrobins@nwc.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 hydraulics
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 22:04:50 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, J. Robinson wrote:

> Dennis - if is any consolation, you are not alone.  I am having similar
> troubles right now with the clutch on my TR-4.  Brand new clutch and pp,
> freshly rebuilt slave and MC - am awaiting delivery of a new hose with high

Have you tried to adjust the slave pushrod?  I think it's supposed to have
0.1" of play.  If the pushrod is not adjustable (no threads), then I can't
think of any reason for the clutch not to work.

However, it's a good idea to crawl under the car with a ruler / tape
measure, have someone depress the clutch pedal, and measure the throw of
the slave pushrod.  I think it's supposed to move 5/8" to work properly.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm