Re: TR4 hydraulics

To: Ed Woods <fogbros@nb.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 hydraulics
From: "J. Robinson" <jrobins@nwc.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 19:01:55 -0700
Ed,

Thanks for your response.  I have a couple more questions if you do not mind.
When you talk about removing the play between the gearbox arm and the slave, are
you refering to the play between the clevis fork and the furthest point the
gearbox arm can extend moving towards the slave, or the play  in the gearbox arm
itself?

I am asking because I was under the car today and found that the gearbox arm
itself freely travels a good inch (moving away from the slave)  before I can no
longer move it by hand (the point where it starts to engage the clutch).   I
also notice this inch of free travel while driving.  Should I adjust the clevis
fork so that it takes up the inch of play in associated with the gearbox arm
itself, or simply adjust it so it meets the gearbox arm where the arm is closest
to the slave?

Thanks,

Jordan