Re: oil free air compressors vs. oil-full !!!

To: Jon Moody <mood@erols.com>
Subject: Re: oil free air compressors vs. oil-full !!!
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 21:06:11 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I've heard that oil in the air supply can ruin a paint job. I would
guess that you'd need to filter the air really well with an oiled
compressor.

On the other hand, I've got a Sears oil free model, similar to what you
describe. Although I'm happy with it, it has had several failures that
resulted in broken parts. On the bright side, parts are cheap and can be
shipped to your home within 10 days.

--
George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L - painting and reassembling....