oil free air compressors vs. oil-full !!!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: oil free air compressors vs. oil-full !!!
From: Jon Moody <mood@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 20:34:47 -0400
Sears is running a special on a 6.5 hp air compressor that delivers 9+
scfm at 90 psi for $350.

This seems like a good deal, but its an oil free compressor.  I've
always heard that its better to get the old kind cause they last longer,
but I dont know how informed this opinion is.  any thoughts?

I'm just gonna use it to power air wrenches with an outside chance of
doing a little painting.  It will not get continuous use - mainly for
helping me restore/maintain my TRs.

thanks

Jon Moody 73 and 71 TR6's