Re: TR4, early commission #, radiator

To: fold@bcpl.net
Subject: Re: TR4, early commission #, radiator
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 09:21:53 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Don't confuse "body number" with "chassis number".  If I remember
> correctly, what Brad quoted was from the body number plate. That's the
> serial number of the body shell, and has no realationship to the
> commission number or to a "chassis number".  FWIW here are the numbers
> from my TR4:

Yes, I was quoting the BODY # which is 0281CT.  The engine # is
CT405E.  I have yet to find out what the tranny and diff #'s are.  I'm
hoping to this weekend.

> Commission Number:   CT3154 OL
> Body Number:         1845CT
> Engine:              CT3479E
> Gearbox:             CT15253 (Replacement from a later TR4)
> Rear Axle:           CT3552
>
> Note that the Commission, Engine, and Rear Axle numbers are reasonably
> close, but the body number is much lower. That's not unusual, because the
> bodies were manufactured elsewhere, shipped to the assembly plant, and
> dropped onto completed chassis in no particular order.

Chip, what year is your TR4?

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
196? TR4                CT38888LO (Chassis # 0281CT, missing OD !)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Spring shackle problems)