Re: TR4, early commission #, radiator

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com
Subject: Re: TR4, early commission #, radiator
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 22:53:58 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<<  I think the radiator you need is pretty much the same as was supplied on
 > the late TR3's, I know several of the major vendors offer them, with or
 > without the crank hole.

 I believe the radiator I have in my car would be proper for the later
 model TR4's.  It doesn't have the long neck but it does have the
 bracket tie points on the upper corners of the radiator.  Sitting side by
 side with my 4A radiator there is a definite difference. >>

There is a difference between all TR3 and TR4 radiators. The mounting brackets
are different, as the TR3 bolts from the bottom and the TR4 bolts from above.
May be more differences, don't know.
The early TR4's came with a radiator which had the "TR3" filler neck.
A TR3 rad could probably be modified to work in a TR4.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4