Re: TR4, early commission #, radiator

To: reagntsj@ricochet.net
Subject: Re: TR4, early commission #, radiator
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 09:19:12 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> I think the radiator you need is pretty much the same as was supplied on
> the late TR3's, I know several of the major vendors offer them, with or
> without the crank hole.

I believe the radiator I have in my car would be proper for the later
model TR4's.  It doesn't have the long neck but it does have the
bracket tie points on the upper corners of the radiator.  Sitting side by
side with my 4A radiator there is a definite difference.

> I was curious how close the commission number and chassis # on my own car
> were, after hearing about yours. Commission #CT17602L, chassis #17768. So
> based on the chassis # I'd guess your car was one of the first. It might
> be worth getting one of those build certificates if you can track from the
> chassis #, that might give you the correct commission #. At some point you
> might get the numbers off the gearbox and the rear axle, too.
>
> I wonder, does anyone out there have or know of a lower commission #
> than Brad's appears to be?

I'm making an assumption here so I hope I don't affend anyone.  My
guess is the correct comm # for my car should be in the range of
CT200L to CT500L.  I will be contacting BMIHT this coming week and
see if they can come up with the correct #.  Several listers have
commented to me that they have sent them the engine # and received
back the vehicle comm # that it was delivered in.

> If you find an OD, pick up a spare for me.

Just pick up one for you?  Why not several <BG>.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
196? TR4                CT38888LO (Chassis # 0281CT, missing OD !)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Spring shackle problems)