Re: e mail opinions

To: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: e mail opinions
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:13:51 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>, Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, jmwagner wrote:

> Consider that many companies these days are struggling with the
> internet....  most can't afford computer gurus... they do what they can....
> many try, and some succeed, in creating create a website....  but many
> don't fully understand the web... and aren't willing to pay for a full-time
> web employee... often... they leave it to a secretary to log on and check
> mail....    which is just another chore for a secretary that may not be all
> the computer savvy or experienced with the net... and already has his/her
> hands full...

I tried sending email (twice) to Obsolete Automotive in Ontario... no
response at all, not even a "no comprendo".  When I phoned in an order
last, I asked what's up... and it turns out that only 1 employee runs the
web site (which hasn't been updated in a coon's age), so he either has no
time for email, or he prints it out and moves it along to the proper
department, or he just ignores it.

Whatever happened, I didn't get a reply.

-Malcolm