RE: Spit-6

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "Bayrock, Michael" <michael_bayrock@bctransit.com>
Subject: RE: Spit-6
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:15:36 -0700 (PDT)

Michael,
yes, I can see where it would be less work if I had a Spit tub sitting
here like I do the GT6 tub and Spit pieces.

My challenge is to balance the cost of finding, buying, transporting
(and certainly repairing) a Spit tub against the cost of making the
modifications to the parts already in my garage!

The GT6+ tub and frame, and Spit tail were all free for the taking
only 60 miles from my home! I've haven't even seen round-tail Spit in
Michigan in years, much less one for sale!

Again, if anyone has a round-tail Spit tub they'd like to trade for
the GT6+ tub I've got, let me know.

Thanks for listening!
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+
'70 GT6+ (future Sixfire)

---"Bayrock, Michael" <michael_bayrock@bctransit.com> wrote:

> I have to concur with Jim and Barry - there are so many Spit tubs
> available that it doesn't make sense to chop up a GT6 tub to make it
> into a Spit.  Further to that, the labour required to swap tubs has to
> be about 5% of the labour needed to do a clean job on the GT6 chop.
>
> I have done the body swap onto a GT6 chassis, and the funny thing I
find
> is that there are times I wish that I had the GT6 tub on again,
> especially during the monsoon season here on the west coast of Canada.
> Maybe I should look for a good GT6 tub and swap tubs as the seasons
> change...
>
> Michael
> 70 & 71 GT6s
> michael_bayrock@bctransit.com