RE: Spit-6

To: "'john donohoe'" <gt6driver@yahoo.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Spit-6
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:32:52 -0500
John,

I'd imagine it'd be simpler and cheaper in the long run to find a good Spit
body.  If you want a round tail car I know of several here in Texas that
wouldn't be toooooo expensive...

If you go with a Mk IV/1500 body, I have a neat hardtop that'll make you
think of your GT6 everytime you see it... it's a GT6 Mk I roof welded onto a
1500 trunk lid.  Sounds strange.. but from 10 feet away the Spit really does
look like a GT6.   "Fool your friends... hear them gasp in amazement as you
unbolt the roof of your GT6 Mk III"  I can hear it now....

Anyway, back to reality.  Like I said, you'd have to cut/weld the back half
of the Spit onto the GT6 front... alignment will be critical.

Jim