RE: Spit-6

To: "'john donohoe'" <gt6driver@yahoo.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Spit-6
From: "Bayrock, Michael" <michael_bayrock@bctransit.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:48:08 -0700
I have to concur with Jim and Barry - there are so many Spit tubs
available that it doesn't make sense to chop up a GT6 tub to make it
into a Spit.  Further to that, the labour required to swap tubs has to
be about 5% of the labour needed to do a clean job on the GT6 chop.

I have done the body swap onto a GT6 chassis, and the funny thing I find
is that there are times I wish that I had the GT6 tub on again,
especially during the monsoon season here on the west coast of Canada.
Maybe I should look for a good GT6 tub and swap tubs as the seasons
change...

Michael
70 & 71 GT6s
michael_bayrock@bctransit.com