Re: Winter Storage

To: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: Winter Storage
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 20:53:33 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Gregory Petrolati wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Sep 1998 Ah3thou@aol.com wrote:
>

> > In a message dated 9/26/98 4:26:32 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
> > BUZZ52490@aol.com writes:
> >
> > << And for everyone that has the time and patience to do such an extensive
> >  winterizing job, CHEERS
> >
> >   >>
> > You speak a strange language. What is this "WINTER" that you speak of?
> >
>         It's when this cold white stuff falls from out of the sky... VERY
>         spooky. It's slicker than toads on a wet highway. Up here they
>         throw salt at the white stuff it ain't too good for yer average
>         LBC which tends to rust if you leave a wet sponge on it. Still I
>         am apalled... STORING a car over the winter? COME-ON people There
>         are still plenty of days whe there's no snow OR salt on the roads...
>         I LOVE to go riding top down on New Years day... The neighbors
>         think I'm nuts... Hell I drive a Triumph... Maybe I am...
>
>         Greg Petrolati
>
> gpetrola@prairienet.org                         1962 TR4 (CT4852L)
>         "That's not a leak... My car is just marking its territory!"
> Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois

Greg, I LIKE your attitude!! I had a '3 for 12 years in Virginia, then
North Carolina, then CONNECTICUT for God's sake!! Only car I owned! Went
a whole winter once without a heater core - sprung a leak and this
starving student couldn't afford a replacement.

Just make sure you let it warm up before you leave the driveway if
you're getting freezing rain (for those of you in El Paso, that's
regular rain that turns your car into an ice cube). I didn't (once) and
the highway just sort of disappeared at 60 MPH - scary!

Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT