RE: winter storage

To: "'Don Spence'" <spence@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: RE: winter storage
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:45:30 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Can someone please elaborate on this? What would cause the springs to be
damaged by putting on blocks?

I usually put the car up on blocks so that the tires are still making some
contact with the ground but not full weight - this to ease the load on the
suspension but also to avoid flat-spotting the tires.

After all we do put cars up on jacks for repairs (although admittedly not
usually for months at a time). Have I been doing something wrong? (Car seems
to run and handle fine).

Thanks for any additional info on this...

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO  Calgary,Canada ---