Re: Winter Storage

To: gpetrola@prairienet.org
Subject: Re: Winter Storage
From: Tom Jell <thomas.jell@mchp.siemens.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 09:02:08 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, jell@saturny.mch.sni.de
Greg

>am apalled... STORING a car over the winter? COME-ON people There
>are still plenty of days whe there's no snow OR salt on the roads...

Salt only, no problem with snow. They stopped using salt on rural roads or in
neigborhood areas over here. And going around corners is real fun.

>I LOVE to go riding top down on New Years day...

I'm 100% with you. And since I've started to drive my cars during winter on
nice days, I have never more encountered the usual clutch master cyclinder
failures (before I had to rebuild them year by year).

>The neighbors
>think I'm nuts... Hell I drive a Triumph... Maybe I am...

They think it anyway.

Take care and thanks again for your .sig part

Tom

btw.: Didn't mention it to this list ... my Stag is back on the road ...

  (stolen from Greg Petrolati)
"Life is too short to drive boring cars!"
Thomas Jell                       | '79 Spitfire (running, running, ...)
81730 Muenchen                    | '74 STAG     (running ... after some work)
E-mail: jell@teds-universe.com    |              (during the last two years)
                                  | '63 TR 4     (being rebuilt)

WWW: british car                  | http://www.team.net/sol/
     Triumph Home Page            | http://www.team.net/www/triumph/