Re: no snow here

To: thecrowes@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: no snow here
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:40:40 EST
Wow....how much we in the frozen north take for granted :)

Black Ice can best be described as a road condition where moisture (like from
a light rain at or around 32 degrees) has frozen into the cracks and pores of
a very cold road surface to a very shallow depth and appears to a driver to be
translucent or satin or semigloss (chose one!) in texture and not a threat.

Much the opposite....since it's not obviously a danger like snow, slush, ice
pack or hard snow pack, many drivers motor along thinking the'yre on dry,
translucent pavement and......

I think it got it's name mostly because it's a condition that seems to occur
more on black asphalt...I guess because there are more nooks and crannies in
asphalt for the moisture to collect.

There you have it....thanks again for rubbing it in....we had a 48 degree day
here in southeast PA yesterday and it felt like spring...yippee!

Chip