Re: Coolant 50/50 vs. 100% water

To: Beth and Ken <BethKen@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Coolant 50/50 vs. 100% water
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:32:18 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ken:
Coolant will indeed raise the boiling point, but if it is running hot I doubt it
would  be enough on it's own to change your situation. I don't recall seeing
your original post or what you've already done to rectify the situation so if
I'm being redundant here, I apologize.
Have you checked your cap for correct pressure? This is a common problem that I
see frequently- a cap that no longer holds the correct pressure will allow the
coolant temperature to soar.
Just an idea.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6 (that needs a coolant flush)