Re: Coolant 50/50 vs. 100% water

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant 50/50 vs. 100% water
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 17:21:51 -0700
John or Adrienne O'Leary wrote:

> Hello all--As a lurker I will offer this as a possibility;in photo
> processing of black and white film years ago,a product called PhotoFlo...

Well I have used PhotoFlo (in the darkroom) and Water Wetter (in the rad) and
liked
both.  But WW is cheap enough (less than 8 bucks I think) that I wouldn't be
tempted
to try PhotoFlo to see what develops.   ;^)

In a hot climate I use 20% antifreeze (the non-phosphate, non-toxic kind) + WW
and
H2O.  The antifreeze is for anti-corrosion actually & I have read that 20% is
enough
for that.  Using more reduces the cooling effectiveness of the coolant.

Using more anti-freeze would raise the boiling point but I don't plan on letting
things get that hot anyway.  BTW -- I think the 212* b.p. mentioned for the H2O
is
sea level w/o a pressurized radiator.  With the correct cap and at different
altitudes YMMV.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson AZ