RE: Gearbox Problems.

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gearbox Problems.
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:23:29 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"

Note: my web pages have moved to a new domain. Just replace the "cyberbia"
with "gumbi". There is an auto redirection enabled but that feature will be
turned off in 3 months or so.

> Anyone have any sources for the plug mentioned in the
> above article?

A quick trip to your local Volvo dealer will get you the plug you need.
Volvos of the same vintage used J-type ODs as well.

> Where do I attach the gauge? There is a plug that looks
> similar to the one shown in the above article near the
> solinoid. Is this it?

The plug faces down towards the ground. You can't miss it, especially if you
have a replacement in your hand to know what to look for. It's been a while
but I think a 5/8" wrench fits the plug's hex head.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO