Re: TR6 motor on engine stand

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 motor on engine stand
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:13:36 -0400
Trevor Jordan wrote:

> At 1:14 AM +1000 15/9/99, Power British Performance Parts, Inc. wrote:
>
> >However, do not use fine threads in soft metals such as aluminum.  There
> >you'll
> >want to use a coarse thread.
>
> So Triumph used fine threads on their aluminium alloy trailing arms.  They
> must have had a big batch of fine threads to use up or some similarly
> sophisticated design criterion.
>
> Trevor Jordan
> 74 TR6 CF29281

Ah, Trevor, how right you are!

I can see it now - who wants to be in the new therapy group I'm starting?

"Hi, my name is Brian and I drive a TR-6 with 3 stripped out trailing arm
studs..."

Cheers!

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars